Oasis Recycling etiquette
Our Claremont recycling services are open
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 3:30pm and Saturday, 8.30am – 1pm.
Here are some friendly reminders regarding recycling etiquette at Oasis:
- Please remember to package and drop off your waste in one container.
- Kindly pre-rinse all food containers such as cans, glass bottles etc. before delivery.
- Kindly refrain from leaving your recycling at Oasis, should we be closed.
- Please take careful note of items we cannot accept or recycle.
Our recycling services are limited which means we are not able to accept ALL recycling. We can only take glass, aluminium tins, all paper, cardboard, magazines and books.
We can accept:
- All paper, including newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, junk mail, circulars, office scrap, envelopes and books. If the latter is in a good condition, please consider donating it to the bookstore.
- Brown/colour cardboard and cereal boxes
- All glass bottles and jars.
- Food cans (please make sure that cans have been washed)
- All cooldrink cans. (Aluminium only)
We cannot accept:
- No plastic, at all, of any sort. So, no clingwrap, no florist wrap or cellophane. No margarine tubs. None of those thin plastic packets, used for bread, milk or veggies. And no plastic or cellophane food trays, at all, whether used for meat, muffins, fruit or biscuits. No plastic laminated items.
- No lever arch files
- No egg boxes
- No wax-lined boxes. Including banana boxes, milk cartons, juice cartons or yoghurt boxes.
- No styrofoam products.
- No foil items.
- No broken glass
- No garden refuse, LED Batteries, medicine or light bulbs
- Disposable nappies, food scraps, PVC like JIVE cooldrink bottles, wet waste, chemical waste or medical waste.
Please pay particular attention to this list.
We do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause. We understand these restraints are frustrating, however COVID-19 has made the recycling of the above-listed items impractical for the time being and we simply do not have the manpower to render a full service. We will keep you up-to-date, and advise the moment these restraints are removed. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
Need to get in touch with us:
OASIS RECYCLING (DOMESTIC DROP-OFF/BUSINESS COLLECTIONS)
Recycling Manager – Beraldine Jagers
Cnr Lee Road and Imam Haron Claremont, 7708
021 671 2698