Cape Town residents are estimated to produce over 6 000 tons of waste per day! You can make a difference by recycling your household waste with Oasis – we accept tins, paper and glass bottles and jars. Our beneficiaries employed in our recycling projects help customers offload their recycling, sort the items to be recycled and ensure everything is ready for collection.
We also sell cardboard boxes, glass jars, shredded egg boxes (ideal for animal bedding, composting, and packaging) as well as other various reusable items.
Over 250 businesses have partnered with us for our free collection service. There are numerous benefits of partnering with us, including:
- Employment equity and social responsibility with a difference
- Employment creation for men and women with intellectual disabilities
- Cost saving on the disposal of office waste
- Positive environmental contribution
We offer a reliable document shredding service for clients for whom confidentiality is vital. While there is no fee, we do request a donation.
If you need more information about our confidential paper shredding services please contact Beraldine at email@example.com
Oasis contributes significantly towards recycling in the Cape Metropole, currently processing over 70 tons of recyclable waste and saving the City of Cape Town hundreds of cubic meters of landfill every month.
Our recycling project aims to create sustainable employment for people with intellectual disability, and to generate an income to subsidise our various support offerings and programmes.
For more than two decades, Oasis Recycling has:
- Created work opportunities for thousands of young people and adults with intellectual disability
- Provided professional recycling solutions to hundreds of businesses in the Cape Metro
- Provided a drop-off centre in Claremont to facilitate domestic recycling
Where to drop off your recycling
You can find us at the corner of Lee and Imam Haron Road, Claremont.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm
If we are closed, please don’t leave your recycling outside our gate. Please come back to drop off when we are open.
What we recycle
We can accept:
- All paper, including newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, junk mail, circulars, office scrap, envelopes and books. If the latter is in a good condition, please consider donating it to the bookstore.
- Brown cardboard boxes
- All glass bottles and jars.
- All cooldrink cans. (Aluminium only)
What we can't accept
We cannot accept:
- No plastic, at all, of any sort. So, no clingwrap, no florist wrap or cellophane. No margarine tubs. None of those thin plastic packets, used for bread, milk or veggies. And no plastic or cellophane food trays, at all, whether used for meat, muffins, fruit or biscuits.
- No food cans
- No printed cereal boxes
- No colour cardboard
- No egg boxes
- No wax-lined boxes. Including banana boxes, milk cartons, juice cartons or yoghurt boxes.
- No Styrofoam products.
- No foil items.
- No tissues.
- No broken glass
- No garden refuse, LED Batteries, medicine or light bulbs
- Disposable nappies, food scraps, PVC like JIVE cooldrink bottles, wet waste, chemical waste or medical waste.
If you need more information about our recycling services please contact Beraldine at firstname.lastname@example.org